Interview: Leftover Crack

Comment on Punktastic's reviews, columns and interviews. Or if we've not got any content for something you want to discuss, create your own thread.

Interview: Leftover Crack

Postby Punktastic » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:24 pm

Punktastic
The Heretic Anthem

Postby honeybaby » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:55 pm

that was a good read. ta.
honeybaby
Circle

Postby Morgan » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:05 pm

i dont think i like him. He generalises way too much for my liking. Justifying killing a cop, as they kill innocent people all the time :roll:
Morgan
Disasterpiece

Postby uneducated dave » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:29 pm

haha, i was just wondering earlier about whether this interview had taken place.

an excellent read, i miss jules :-(
uneducated dave
Circle

Last.FM: justindawson

Postby John K » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:04 am

Yeah, good read. A lot of the questions were actually very good - kind of calling him on some of his bullshit when most interviewers might stick to the tried and tested "OMG ur band rules when r u touring?" schtick.
John K
Gently

Postby jules » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:48 am

Cheers for the comments! I wanted to say something about the interview though because some of you know I am kinda obsessed with Stza Crack and might find it funny pfffft!

It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. For one...I have never interviewed anyone in my life before...and maybe I should not have had my very first one with someone who is my musical hero!! I was totally overwhelmed to the point I could barely talk!! Luckily I had printed out a bunch of questions from LoC forum members. If it wasnt for that list of questions...there would be no interview. My mind was a total blank from start to finish. I was Ok when I went over to remind him about the interview but when he knew my name before I told him who I was...I freaked and turned into #1 fan girl. He was so nice and really eager to do the interview and took me and my friend off to a quiet room. But then he sat opposite me knee to knee almost and stared intently when he spoke. It was very off putting!! I had a bunch of personal questions in my head about his Jewish upbringing and his family and all the stuff people really want to know. But I couldnt drag a single question from the depths of my mind as I was so totally overwhelmed by it all. I also wanted to pull him up on a lot of what he said...about the police and him hating life...but he had already told me off once for butting in!! His words were 'I like your interjections but this interview is about me really...not you' so that had put me in my place haha! Although he didnt say it in a harsh way...it was clear I should just ask the questions and be quiet! So I just read questions from my sheet like a robot!!

Afterwards he was really cool and had some ideas for my loc.co.uk website that he wanted to get involved with. And I got a big smelly hug from him. Which didnt help how I was feeling!! Then I wound up standing with him watching the King Blues (who are one of he best bands I have ever seen live) and he kept talking to me and singing which was just surreal. (Jas! You were right in front of me dancing!)

I really dont know how people interview for a living. Transcribing a tape is the most painful thing ever!! My hat goes off to them!! I personally..will not be doing something like this again!!

Oh and I still love Stza haha!
jules
j00

My Band: http://www.leftovercrack.co.uk

Postby uneducated dave » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:00 pm

she lives! :-D
uneducated dave
Circle

Last.FM: justindawson

Postby Scowley » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:28 pm

JULSIO!! :-D :-D
Scowley
My Plague

My Band: http://radicus.bandcamp.com/
Last.FM: mrscowl

Postby Nick The Greek » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:31 pm

honestly jules, a very interesting, and intelligent read.

better than richy's interview.
Nick The Greek

Postby TonyK » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:03 pm

Transcribing a tape is easily the most tedious task ever.
TonyK
Opium of the People

Postby TonyK » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:21 pm

Stza actually gave some pretty good answers in that interview. Leftover Crack are one of my favourite bands, but i'd still like to have a debate with the guy.
TonyK
Opium of the People

Postby fish » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:54 am

i think you asked some really good questions jules.
i remember when i first heard leftover crack when mediocre generica came out i properly fell in love with their music and embraced a lot of the politics and their not giving a fuck sort of attitude, and with humour too..straight edger jibes and the like.
i was stunned at how energetic and..amazing they were the first times i saw them play, but as the band seems to have been falling apart a bit recently, stza has maybe been grasping at straws. i remember at wasted he said that september 11th was 'the best fucking day of his life', which is a statement thats obviously just meant to shock. i don't suggest that it'd be entertaining to hear him lecture about the failingsof the WTO for an hour long set, but its just..ur crass. i caught a bit of his solo set earlier and remember him saying 'i prefer doing this on my own cos i can talk more, the band dont like me to talk so much' but didnt actually go on to say anything of substance, just the same tired cliches. i don't know what im trying to say. forget it. i enjoyed reading the interview though, and thought you asked some very probing questions.
fish
Diluted

Postby Fella » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:13 pm

You've confirmed to me that he is still an idiot. A great read, you asked some really good questions.
Fella
C19H28O2

My Band: http://tinyurl.com/68xcrur

Return to Music Reviews